Monday, December 24, 2012

I Eat Meat Sometimes

The glorious thing about living in a city where there is literally some form of a grocery store on every corner is wonderful because if you are lacking an ingredient, then you can easily get it.  The downside?  No one buys food in advance.  So, for dinner Friday night while my parents shopped for food in Greenpoint to prepare for Christmas Eve, I had to run to the grocery store to get myself a meat product.  It was pretty weird buying only one thing, but I already have my staple foods at home: quinoa, rice, green beans, colored peppers, and leafy greens.  The meat product I chose: lamb.
Seared lamb chops, sauteed string beans, kale, and pepper, boiled quinoa stir-fried with soy sauce.
To me, the most delicious gluten-free meals are the ones that do not replace foods with substitutes.  My mother thought that this plate had too much food on it, but most of it was green and, using little oil, could be healthy.  Also, the more colors, the more nutrition you're getting and who doesn't love that?

Since this plate had so many different colors on it, I wore a single-pallet outfit to balance it out.  I love gray, white, and black, so I combined all the colors.  Matt suggested I buy these particular jeans because he thinks my legs look good in them and the design is pretty cool.  I have to agree with him.
Hat: Pins and  Needles, Coat: COOPERATIVE, Jeans: BDG, and Boots: Minnetonka
I think Matt is getting pretty good at taking pictures of me.

Since Christmas is just two days away, I want to wish you all a merry, delicious, and stylish Christmas!  Happy eating and spending time with friends and family!
My Christmas tree!
Keep it yummy, 
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment