Thursday, February 7, 2013

Veselka and the Shoes that Zipper Around My Calves

I have big calves.  Seriously, they're big and muscle-y and I love them, but sometimes putting on boots can be the biggest hassle ever.  But look at these!  They fit and they make my legs look wonderful.
Aren't you excited to be back to awkward mirror pics?  Sweater (Diesel), shirt (Urban Outfitters), skirt (Cheap Monday), tights (H&M), boots (Aerosoles), hat (ASOS), socks (urban outfitters)
I bought them during a recent trip to NYC for my cousin's daughter's Baptism.  That outfit is not the one I wore to the ceremony, but it definitely shows off how the boots fit on my legs.  After the ceremony, we went to brunch at a place called Veselka in the Bowery.  The food is amazing, but most of it is not gluten-free friendly.  So I went with a vegan mushroom soup and eggs Benedict (which was served on toast because I, once again, forgot to be assertive).  Luckily, my allergy is not triggered by food touching, so that's okay.
This is the menu, which, as you can see, isn't very gluten- or wheat-free friendly
Vegan mushroom soup
Eggs Benedict.  You can kind of see the challah bread.
My cousin could not modify the menu too much, but that's okay.  Sometimes it takes a bit of digging and shopping around to find things you can eat (and wear!).

Sunday look forward to a post about no-bake cookies.  I have to cut out Tuesday blogging in favor of homework and having my life together.  Sorry!

Keep it yummy,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment