Thursday, January 5, 2012

BabyCakes Donuts

The other day I was hanging out with my friend Aaron and we wandered around the whole city.  Since we were in the area, we decided to stop by BabyCakes.  I usually buy two things there: something I've made and something new.  So I bought a ginger cookie and one of their donuts.
Source: The BabyCakes NYC Blog

BabyCakes is Disney for kids with allergies.  Everything is delicious and sweet and contains very few allergens.  I have a mild dairy allergy, everything is vegan.  I can't eat gluten, everything is gluten-free.  I can't eat soy, it is soy-free.  Everything is wonderful and low-glycemic and nothing hurts.

The first of my deserts I bit into was the ginger cookie.  It was super ginger-y and almost spicy.  The cookie was also a lot crunchier and thinner than when I made them, but it definitely fit the taste, so I didn't mind too much.
Dear Lord, I look so awkward, but yep, there's the half-eaten cookie still in my hand
And then I tried the doughnut.  Consuming gluten-free bagels and such, I did not have high hopes for the taste and consistency of the doughnut, but boy was I proven wrong.  It was perfect, as in not too dry, not overly sugary, and not too clumpy either.  I got it with chocolate and caramel topping, which was beyond amazing.  Definitely going back sometime and getting these again.
Look at this amazingness

The best surprise was the milk chocolate in the middle of the doughnut hole.  Definitely my favorite part, but I should probably try other flavors.

So, that's been my first of (hopefully) many entries on BabyCakes NYC because it is the happiest place on Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment