Monday, January 2, 2012

Lemon & Garlic Roast Chicken

Happy New Year, everyone!  So, my father and I have been doing some cooking together and decided to try our first recipe from What to Cook and How to Cook It by Jane Hornby.I've been wanting this book since the summer when I stumbled upon it in Urban Outfitters (cook books at Urban, what?).
(Source: Amazon)
Anyway, today my dad and I tried making the "Roast Chicken with Lemon & Leek Stuffing" minus the leek stuffing because that involves bread and right now, I don't have plain toast.  The only toast I have is Udi's cinnamon raisin toast (which, by the way, is delicious as French toast).  I'm not going to post pictures of us making it because my dad hates that sort of thing and the book uses that kind of format.  So, I don't want too much copyright infringement.  But I will post a picture of the final product.
The chicken in the back, some steamed veggies in the front
The recipes in the book are legitimate.  My dad was worried that cooking the chicken at 400 degrees would completely dry it out and burn, but quite the opposite.  The meat was succulent, juicy, but will leave you tasting garlic and lemon for a while.  This is, however, an excellent dinner choice for those of us that want to avoid gluten.  You might notice that there is no starch but that's because my dad didn't think of anything that would go.  Even though I suggested little red roasted potatoes.  Because potatoes are awesome and go with everything.  Actually, I used to dislike potatoes after eating them for a straight month while in Poland, but now that I'm getting more creative in the preparation, they are becoming more delicious.

Well that's my first entry for 2012 and hopefully there are many more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment