Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Taka Taka

Sorry for the really late post!  I've had a friend over the past few days and was just everywhere all the times. I did not have much access to my laptop when Jil was over, but now, sadly, she went home and is going to Italy for the whole semester.

But I digress.  I was strolling through SoHo the other day, listening to Grimes, I looked across the street to find a place named Taka Taka, which serves Japanese tacos and Mexican sushi.  I just had to go there.  I went with my friends, Danielle and Jil, and we had the greatest time.  It was a fun-seeming place: the music was trendy and the decor made it seem fun.
Look how trendy!
There was also a conveyor belt from which to take traditional sushi rolls for appetizer.  What they also gave was a sampling of spicy sauces.  When I say spicy, I mean, I wish I had milk at the table to cool my mouth.  And I hate milk.
Conveyor belt sushi color-coded by price.  Avocado, cream cheese, cucumber and crab masado.  YUM!
Clockwise from top: pickled serrano chiles, jalapeno mayo, and chipotle mayo.  Ouch!
I was most interested in the Japanese tacos, so I ordered the Miss Carnitas.  It was a taco with Japanese-style cooked meat with guacamole and pico de gallo.  I loved it!  It was, however, not a lot of food for $21, but I would definitely get it again, considering I was there for dinner, which doesn't necessarily have to be pricey, but if I'm in the city with a friend who I'm not seeing until August, splurging a bit is allowable.
Japanese tacos.  Corn tortillas = delicious + gluten-free
Polka dots have been super popular and trendy over the last few years and, for Christmas, Danielle got me a pair of polka-dot sweater tights.  I wore this outfit the other day, but as with the gray-scale outfit, I think this outfit provide a nice contrast from colors present in the foods.  And if you just stick with tradition sushi, the black bottom and white top mimic the black seaweed and the white rice.  You are what you eat, right?
Hat: Staring at Stars; Shirt: Free People; Shorts: American Eagle; Boots: Minnetonka; Bag: Renaissance Fair; Tights: gift
Keep it yummy,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment