Sunday, July 8, 2012

Off to China!

Source: Joege Avalon
So tonight I am flying over to Asia (as I mentioned on my other blog).  I am so excited to try new foods, but I also pose a new challenge: trying to eat wheat free in a place that is not America, the land where everything is labeled, regardless of common sense (e.g., "steamed asparagus is vegan" [you don't say?!]).  But I will take pictures and probably do a multi-part post about all the food.

Oh, and what I wore.  Gluten-Free: Food is Still Magic is going to have a fashionista spin to it, inspired by a conversation I had with friends last night at the Sidewalk Cafe.  I will brainstorm about that a bit for the next two weeks, but I hope it will work out well and still reflect my personality.

But enough about that.  I still have packing and family brunch to do (my dad is making slow-cooked beef with corn and cucumbers.  YUM) so now, I go.

Keep it yummy,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment