Friday, August 24, 2012

21st Birthday: Gluten-Free Vegan Style!

Over the summer, two of my friends semi-spontaneously asked me to attend their 21st birthdays.  Me, being the derp I am, totally forgets when these events actually are to occur and do not have the foresight to look into buying a present.   But everyone loves home-made things, so of course I decided to be all kitchy and bake cakes.  I got semi-good at making letters, but not having proper lettering equipment does not help.  Never the less, here are the two creations that happened.
Raspberry-filled chocolate cake with chocolate syrup and vegan icing.

Cinnabun cake with non-vegan frosting and semi-sweet chocolate chips. (Good thing I'm not actually vegan, because then I feel like too many people would call bs).

My hair staying up after a morning of swimming.
You're wondering why there's no actual outfit attached to this.  Well, I wanted to showcase my hair.  Whenever I go to a concert, I like doing some kind of an updo because, let's face it, you don't want your hair in your face and then your bangs getting all groady because of sweating.  Plus, I swam during one of the birthdays and needed my hair to look nice for the evening.

How do I achieve this?  I use about 5-10 bobby pins (not kidding, my hair is really thick) and then Bumble and Bumble Classic Hairspray after applying copious amounts of Bumble and Bumble Tonic Spray.  I know these are pricey, but I don't style my hair too often, so it's okay to splurge a little bit.  I mean, if you're only going to do it once every so often, make it count, right?

Keep it yummy,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment