Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bombay Curry Pasta: East Meets West

Man, do I look awkward.
The last time I wore these pants, I was on the Great Wall of China.  They are from Free People and the top in the above picture is from Hot Topic and the bangle is from Lucky Brand.  The bottom outfit features a top from Ecote, the bracelet my mother bought me, pearls I bought in China the day before, and pink Converse I found in my house.
I am resting on a window on the Great Wall of China.  Don't hate.
So I decided to wear them again because of their epicness.  Also, because no matter how many times I wear them at work, everyone compliments me on them.  They are a very good ego-boost.  But this look is inspired by the rich patterns and textures of the east (or something like that).  Naturally, I wanted to pair it with the west and make a curry pasta with grilled chicken dish.
From the left: squash, onions, corn, bok choy on top of basil and green beans.  Next to it is veggie stock and corn penne.
I pureed the squash to make a type of sauce with onions and the basil stems.  The brown stuff is curry, coriander, and cinnamon (for extra flavor).
Here, I added the greens.
The finished product: now, featuring grilled chicken.
Um, wat.
On a super random note, this squirrel was trying really hard to get into a jar of peanut butter.  It ate through most of the lid before we scared it away.  Animals, man.

Keep it yummy,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment