Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Home-Made Pierogi: Working Food

Unfortunately, this idea was so spontaneous that I did not have the chance to use my camera, but I will use charming little illustrations from Pixlr to describe my meal and my clothes for this entry.

My friends and I got our weekly Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) box of vegetables and included were more onions and beets.  We have hard time getting through those, so we decided, "hey wouldn't it be a great idea to use them to make pierogi?"  And thus the idea was born.
Andrew, me and Steve all having an idea together.
Then we got down to business using a recipe from Celiac Teen.  There was so much work involved!  We had to saute some onions, mash some potatoes, soften some beets, and roll out some dough.  Now, with me, the thing about rolling out dough: I am horrible at it.  Every time, the dough would break, or it'd be too wet, so the rolling pin would get all soggy and sticky.  But after messing around with the tapioca starch, I got the perfect mix.  And after some boiling and pan-frying, the pierogi were born.
Potato, beet, and onion awaits inside!
So why do I entitle this entry working food?  Because it is the perfect food to eat after a work out, but a food that takes quite a bit of effort to make.  Thus, this outfit was born.
I like to work out in socks.  It helps me balance.  Tank top (Esprit), shorts (lululemon), gloves (Gold's Gym), and socks (unknown)
So the pierogi are delicious, I played with my kettlebell and then gave myself the nastiest bruise ever that night.  So, now I am attempting to not eat like a moron so that the house doesn't have a beluga whale living in it.

Keep it yummy,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment