Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chinese Food Pt. 4: Meals Served in Fruit

Hong Kong, which is a special region of China with its own laws and people, was one of my favorite places. It was the most westernized and beautifully laid out on a island with greenery a midst skyscrapers.  The nightlife was especially awesome, with certain areas just lined with bars and restaurants.  One restaurant we went to, you could actually watch as they prepared your food, which made me pretty excited.
He was making an egg-roll type thing except wrapped in greens instead of noodle sheets.
Now, I have never been a fan of mixing fruit with dinner items or meal items in general (don't ask, I'm just weird like that).  But the pictures of this fried rice with prawns inside a pineapple just looked so beautiful that I just had to try it.  Plus, I'm in a foreign land where I've been trying many new things, like various kinds of ice cream, duck feet, and regional drinks.  So I ate it.  And it was gloriously delicious.
Pineapple fried rice with prawns in a pineapple.
Since I was going out and doing some sight-seeing during the day, of course I wanted to look chic, but also comfortable.  Doubling up on slips is a great idea for this.  In addition, wearing muted colors compliments the brightness of the dish.
Along the Hong Kong skyline.  Purse (urbanoutfitters), dress and slip (free people), necklace (Chinatown, NYC)
And with that I conclude the 4-part series on China.  I will continue posting about twice a week, seeing as I have two entries backed up anyway.

Keep it yummy,
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment